We finally got to go on a vacation this year, courtesy of my Aunt. It was what our family needed after a very stressful year. It was the first time Adilynn got to go on vacation and I think the Smokey Mountains was the best place to go for her. She loves the outdoors, she loved seeing the mountains, and she loved seeing all the wildlife....especially the BEAR! Her favorite part of all was traveling through the tunnels while daddy beeped the horn as fast as she can. She still talks about the tunnels and when she does she says "beep-beep". I take her on a road in Hamilton where we usually see deer and the road is kind-of enclosed like a tunnel and it makes her feel like she is in one.
Our first stop was to Cumberland Falls in Corbin, Ky
Daddy climbing rocks with Adilynn
Daddy showing Adilynn the Fall
New Found Gap in Smokey Mts
This was usually what Adilynn looked like as we went up and down the mountains. She would put her hands up and say Weeeee
Our climb to Clingsmons Dome... Straight up a mountains
I DID IT!
Now on our way back down
One of the best parts of vacation was swimming in the pool after an active hot day in the Mts.
We got Adilynn's picture by every fire place in the cabins that we saw.
Daddy trying to get Adilynn to put her feet in the cold mountain water.
I loved this flower. It was so big and it was standing alone in the woods.
Adilynn about to throw a "biigg rock" as she would say on our hike up to Rainbow Falls.
Micah and I got to enjoy a date night to Dixie Stampede thanks to my mom and my aunt. It was nice just to take time for us!
Mama, Me, Adilynn, and Micah Smokey Mountains Trip Summer 2011. You have to get your pic by the sign! I wonder how many pics I have like this....
We saw a lot of wildlife... first being the bear!!! Cades Cove
Deer in Cades Cove
We had to go back into the woods to find this one. My cousin yelled I have never seen so many bucks and we went running. We saw about 5 monster bucks. One of the coolest experiences that I have ever had. Micah and my cousins all said that they have waited so many hours in a tree stand just to see one... and we ran back into the woods and saw 5!
Wild Turkeys
ANOTHER BEAR! Well just as cool to Adilynn.
Bucks bedding on this HOT day. We were so close to them.
Again in the pool. She loved that there was a pool for just her size.
We took so many more pictures but uploading can be a task. I miss our vacation! But maybe again soon and the next one bubby will actually get to see things outside of my womb! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment