What? Our baby boy 1 years old in 11 days? It cannot be!!! But sadly it is true. Almost 1 year ago Elijah was here via an unplanned C-Section at 4:00am! He was such a sweet baby boy. Curled up in our arms he just cooed. I love meeting them in the hospital, and I am one of those rare women who doesn't want to leave the hospital because we are so well taken care of.
Elijah was sweet for 3 months. I thought wow! We are not going to enter the colic stage like we did with Adilynn from months 0-3. But I had spoke to soon. Elijah from age 3 to about 5 1/2 months cried and cried from morning to the wee hours of the morning. Many days I was at the doctor office crying just trying to figure out a way to help him. I spent many afternoons walking and pacing in our green room with him just trying to figure out what was wrong! Actually I have a whole blog post dedicated to "Pacing in the Green Room". I felt isolated from friends, family, and the world because I could not take him out anywhere. I felt guilt for ignoring my daughter. Those 2 1/2 months felt much longer than what they truly are in the grand scheme of things. I wish while you were going through those times you could have perspective. Even if someone gave it - I could not truly believe it.
Elijah 4 months
Age 6-9 months got better. We started solids in full swing and he became happier but he was still not sleeping through the night and he nursed all through the night much leaving me exhausted the next day!
Elijah 8 months.
9-12 months has been a blast with Elijah. He has been ALL personality. Each day brings new little quirks, smiles, and giggles. He loves to be crazy. Actually when we say the word "crazy" he shakes his head and shakes his fists side to side. He wants to always be where the action is or if he is not you better find him because he made his way to the potty, in a cabinet, or eating crayons. He has also become more outward and showy with his love for his daddy. He screams along with Adilynn and crawls quickly to the door to be held when daddy comes in from work. His newest thing is trying to get attention while we are eating. He giggles and does something funny with his face or with his food to get a rise out of the whole family. We are not sure he is going to be such a laid, back, and innocent boy we thought he might be. Just the other day I caught he coloring my lamp shade with a blue crayon. As soon as I caught him and said "Elllijjahh...." he threw the crayon and got the heck out of there. He still continues to be a climber. Where it scares other people to watch him climb it no longer phases us because we know that's just what he does. He is a climber. He has also picked up a LOVE of playing with cars just like his sissy. He makes noises from the cars and he lays on his side and he pushes them a long. Sissy has not quite wanted to "share" this long with her brother and is often annoyed when he is using her cars. She likes her cars neat and orderly where he likes he handles his cars rough, and like to smack them around. Maybe when his fine motor increases he will be a bit more gentle with the cars and sissy won't mind as much playing with him.
Elijah 10 months
There are many way that I already see him and Adilynn differently. Elijah is such a messy eater, and Adilynn was fairly clean. Adilynn could sit a play in one spot for a little while Elijah is all over the house, and Adilynn loved sitting and looking at books while Elijah is just now developing an interest in them. Elijah moves so much that his knees have calloused over. Elijah gets mad and red as fire when you stop him from getting into something but Adilynn would just easily be redirected to a new activity. She would get over things pretty quickly. Adilynn clearly said more words than Elijah does now, however Elijah has so much spunk to him when he does decide to speak. He loves saying "BYEEE"in his little country accent, daaada, and bubba. I love the differences I see in them because it reminds me that God has made each one of us according to His purposes and He gives us each personalities and abilities that are unique to His calling for us. I am not sure fully what Elijah's personality will be but it is emerging day by day.
Picture of him saying "BYE" He loves to bang his ears.
Almost a 1 year old!
Stinker
Being dangerous as usual.
Starting to love books.
Pushing cars.
Able to sit and play at the desk with his cars while sissy is taking a nap.

No comments:
Post a Comment