Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh Spring....Where are you?

 

Lost amidst the melting snow spring lies waiting to burst about through the soil, & enter once again into creation.



As I look back through my Spring photos last year, I see light, hope, & a lot of wondering. Micah & I were just celebrating the fact that the little miracle that was continuing to grow inside me was a girl. A girl? Wow. Daddy's heart was stolen then, & I too became fascinated and enamored with her. With that also comes a lot of thinking & questioning about what she would be like in the future, and how we will be as her parents. This is how we spent our Spring last year… just wondering about what was knocking at our door.
Now photos do not really capture all of reality but they do capture the memories that will last for years to come. Many things happened last year that are hard to reflect on. Nonetheless, a wonderful memory of last Spring was celebrating Easter for the last time with my grandmother present. She was snapping away photos of the grandkids anxiously hunting for eggs & of my ever growing pregnant belly. I always loved the Easter baskets my grandmother would put together & present to us on Easter. Here is a picture of my sister enjoying hers last year.I cherish that smile.

Now Spring I ask you where you are now? I know....You are still hiding somewhere beneath the snow, waiting to come and present yourself. What memories will you bring for our family this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment