Monday, July 16, 2012

Extravagant Life

2 Corinthians 9:8

The Message (MSG)
8-11"God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything, more than just ready to do what needs to be done. As one psalmist puts it,

He throws caution to the winds,
giving to the needy in reckless abandon.
His right-living, right-giving ways
never run out, never wear out.
This most generous God who gives seed to the farmer that becomes bread for your meals is more than extravagant with you. He gives you something you can then give away, which grows into full-formed lives, robust in God, wealthy in every way, so that you can be generous in every way, producing with us great praise to God. "



God is really pushing my heart to live more fully in Him. I have realized that I have been living a half lived life and have half done things for a while now. God is pressing me to put myself out there more, and live life not just to the fullest but beyond that... in ways that I cannot imagine. He recently is showing me how grateful I should be with the blessing He has given me.  He has stopped me in moments when I could be selfish and just think about me and my worries and really see my husband and kids and listen to them.

My children each day have been playing with each other more and more. Sometimes they will wrestle and be wild and crazy on Adilynn's new bed.  Elijah will rear up and hop somehow I am not sure on his knees and then come crashing down on Adilynn... I then hear her just giggle up a storm. She will pronounce, "Mama, Elijah loves me." Yes he does baby.... yes he does I tell her. Adilynn also loves to take care of her little brother and does some well intention things for him sometimes. Daddy sometimes has a better eye at seeing their loving moments that I have the ability to.
















At night when the kids finally go to bed... Micah and I will just sit on the couch and talk about all the things that the kids did, and most of all our astonishment over some of the things that Adilynn has said.  Some of her famous things she has said lately "Daddy, do deer live in houses?" "Mama, why is the sky so pink tonight?" Me: Because Hun the sun is setting. Doesn't God make beautiful colors? Adilynn: Yes, mama God is in the sky and in my heart. She likes to try to figure out words for what she is feeling, doing, or tasting so she will say " I don't know what this taste like" or "I don't know what I feel". So we will then help her describe whatever it is she is trying to figure out. She also likes to tell us what she is going to do "When I get olda" Just the other day she said " Mommy when I get olda I am going to get married at college." No, no hun I said: After college!!!! Micah and I cherish the most how God is already working in her life and showing her His love. She will just start singing in the morning "Hosanna" when she walks to the breakfast table. She thanked God and daddy a few weeks ago for providing us a home to live in. She is teaching us how to truly be thankful for God!!

Oh Elijah..

He turned 10 months old last week. This little boy is strong willed... Well both of our children are really. But if it is possible... I think he is going to be more so than his big sister. He is so busy and as you can see he LOVES to climb. I am often afraid he will already climb out of his crib. Climbing the chair and looking out the window is a must activity for him these days. Often he is on auto pilot as soon as you set him down.

 

He will just about climb on anything he can manipulate as an apparatus to get where he needs to go. This little boy can give you such sweet lovins when he does finally settle down for a moment. Yes, for now he is a mommy's boy but  daddy has been quickly capturing his way into Elijah's heart. I know it won't be long until they will be off for many days into the woods looking for deer. Miss Adilynn most likely be trucking right a long with them. I see many "me" days in my future. :)

 


Elijah has been trying very hard to form words. He can very clearly say da da and has tried words like bubba, and ma. But he is certainly finding his voice!!! His weight has caught up with him and he eats many blueberries! He has to have his whole slice of toast and a whole bananas for breakfast and as all of you seen he loves to coat himself with his avocado!!! It is hard still to get this little boy to sleep but when he finally does the house gets a moment of peacefulness.


God has poured out His blessing in our lives. He is placing many people in our lives to show us His love and how to be carried by Him in our walk through this earth. We are learning how to be more thankful and honored to take care of the precious gifts He has freely given to us. We serve an amazing Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment