This week I have been in the process of how to simplify, refocus, organize & rethink my time and energy. Weeks fly by in chaos normally and at the end of the week I wipe my brow and think what did we do and what did I accomplish??? So I have been re-evaluating my day and trying to loosely schedule it in a way just to give me something to focus on. I get overwhelmed by the messes in my house that I loose focus on what is important.I am trying to put quality time with the kids over cleaning up the house. Advice I hear from so many mothers that have teenage children or are empty nesters. So therefore I am creating pockets of time to focus on particular tasks so I can get things done that have to be done but also giving me planned ideas to do with the kids. I am also trying to discipline myself not to waste time on the Internet or things that really are not important when I do have time. I have been trying to do this for awhile and usually fail miserably but this week I have made some small strides. So instead of jumping on the Internet when I nurse, I try to keep a book handy, an easy task to do while nursing, or a book for me to read to Adilynn. I am also trying to think of simpler- quicker ways to do things as well in effort not to waste so much time. I just need to become more efficient! Sometimes I just have 5-15 mins to do the dishes, throw a load of wash in etc. I am sure all of this will take a long time to come to fruition. But HOPEFULLY taking small steps each week will hopefully help. I am sure when Elijah's day becomes a bit more routine that will help as well.
The weather has become helpful for me, Elijah, and Adilynn to get out of the house and become re-energized. Now if I just could get more sleep at night!!!
Here are some pictures of our week so far:
Adilynn and her need to sleep on the floor. She almost seems like she is building a nest for herself.
Elijah trying his avocado that his mommy made him for the first time.
Happy boy. <3
My baby bullet!
Adilynn and I playing the color & mathematical game I made. Idea that came from Pintrest.
Our Hungry Caterpillar art activity. We even made a strawberry with a hole in it.
Oh he cracks me up sometimes. He is starting to catch up on his weight it appears. He is getting those cute chubby cheeks and thighs!
Adilynn catching bubbles outside!!
Adilynn digging holes with Cash in the yard.
No comments:
Post a Comment