Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh the Wonderful Things about Peanuts is Peanuts are Wonderful Things

Oh I think my favorite part about writing blogs is coming up with a title. I will type one, think of a better one, & erase it before I am settled on the perfect one. I do this several times.
                  Adilynn and her spiffy daddy. I had to throw this one in!

Before bed we try to read Goodnight Moon to Peanut. Adilynn loves Goodnight Moon. It is the only book that Adilynn does not get squirmy for. Usually Adilynn wiggles after reading too long, she is always ready to play with her baby dolls, chew on something, or find an item that she is not allowed to have. However, Adilynn will sit and listen to Goodnight Moon several times. It could be that she is trying to put off bed time for as long as possible. But we say Goodnight moon to all the items in the book & we look for that mouse that appears in a different spot on ever turn of the page. Oh it is a silly little mouse we say!



Usually, during the day you will find Adilynn crawling from far and wide places of the house. She will get across the room in only a matter of minutes. As highlighted in this photo she now likes to get up on her feet with her bottom up in the air. She never ceases to amaze Micah & I. Sometimes (I know this is good parenting) we just sit back on the couch & wactch her go about her business. She is usually our entertainment.

Adilynn's Uncle Josh, Aunt Laura, & Grandma came to visit this week. Adilynn loves visitors and it keeps her busy. She is amazed by Uncle Josh. She likes to sit in his lap, pull his leg hair, & chew on his shoes. She might like that he is just a big kid, if he is not playing on the floor with her, or acting like Donald Duck, he is making up names & silly voices with her dolls to get a smile out of her. It never fails really.


I perched Peanut on the grass today to see what she thought & the conclusion is still up in the air. She would lightly touch it & draw her hand up quickly in disgust. She got a little braver towards the end and pulled a piece... If you know Adilynn at all you know that it found its way in her mouth very quickly. She sat very stiff upon the grass not moving at all which is rare for Adilynn. Nevertheless, we will not give up on the grass and will try again tomorrow. I think I need to ease her in…

             Oh the Wonderful Thing about our Peanut is that she is a Wonderful thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment