I have been reading a lot about Motherhood and what it means to be a wife and mother. I feel some days I do a pretty crummy job at it and I know that I can do better. I know that I need to first start at giving myself completely to God and stop being so selfish. Digging into the layers of what kind-of mother and wife I want/need to be must start here.
Today my son slept and slept. This may mean the medication that we are trying for him is beginning to work. I really pray that it does. Life in our household has been flipped upside down. When a child screams and cries majority of the day for months it does begin to take a toll on everyone. Adilynn has been more than a little out of sorts. BUT the good news is "that this too shall pass" and we are pretty blessed to have our baby boy here in our arms without anything wrong with him that cannot be fixed. I am trying to learn how to be humbled by how blessed we are that God gave us our children. I am trying to learn how to not take that for granted. So I walk deeper into the journey of motherhood.
I better go to sleep. Sleep is precious mementos around here!
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment