Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Day Revelation

For Mother's Day Micah & Adilynn got me an Inspiration Reflections book called: “A Woman after God's Own Heart”. This book is right up my alley. I love books and I love inspirational books so needless to say Daddy & Adilynn did a great job picking out my gift.


The first devotion is called Loving God Wholeheartly, and one of the subtitles is "Choose to place your life and blessing in God's hands". Did you notice "and blessings" part? So many times I go to God to ask for help with my struggles or trials but I forget to place my blessings in His hands as well. In turn, by my own actions I take His blessings that are freely given to me for granted. If I were to place my blessings as well as my struggles in His hands I would be able to celebrate all the wonderful things about this life God has given me and not only focus on all of our struggles. To have the ability to realize that nothing on this Earth is promised to us but our Eternal Salivation if we choose to accept His ultimate offering for our sins is difficult to say the least. Salvation of course is something to truly be grateful and awe stuck about however to also realize that at any time my blessings from God could be taken away from me because of His will on my life is both humbling and sobering. Praise God for His will. But I also need to praise God for His many gifts given. His blessings in my life and my struggles are there because He loves us. “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” [ 1 John 3:1 ] I must lay everything at God's alter and not just the examinations but also the thanksgivings. To truly rejoice in ALL things to the Lord is when a woman or man can truly be after God's own heart. “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised” [ Proverbs 31:30 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment