Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Parenthood.....

Unfortunatley there is not a picture for this post. I am not sure if I could even capture life the past few days. Adilynn has been quite a rough one to deal with to put it nicely. We are not sure what is wrong with her. No matter if she is held or put down she cries. I went away this weekend so maybe she is still adjusting from that but I thought she might be okay by now. If she is not better in a couple of days maybe I will take her to the doctor.




Today was a bit of a breaking point. As I went out the door around 7 this evening Adilynn was so fussy and crying. She was inconsolable. I felt bad for leaving her with Micah to deal with but we needed groceries pretty badly & we have a busy weekend coming up. It was a now or never situation. The entire time I was at the grocery store I kept thinking about what kind of madness was going on at home. I pushed on, but hated every minute of it.



When I finally got home Micah got her down to sleep but he said it was a chore. He tried for a half hour to get her asleep & right when he laid her down in her crib she started to cry again & proceeded to cry for another 20 mins. Oh the things people do not tell you about parenthood.



I put the groceries away & cleaned about a bit because with her mood lately I have had no time to clean during the day. Micah thought we should go check on the poor thing. By this point we were feeling pretty bad for her, she must not feel good to act this way. I went in & turned on her bird night light & saw her laying there. She was snuggled on her side holding her own hands with all her paci's near by, & in her cute little sleep bag. That is when it dawned on me for the millionth time....WOW, we are amazingly blessed. She is our gorgeous, tiny, sweet, sassy, spunky, wild child whom we love with every little fiber in our beings. Even after all the extremeness of the past few days, we are still madly in love with our bundle of joy. That is how I know I can wake up tomorrow & do it all over again. Parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment